AP/IB/SAT/ACT - View Scores & Claim Credit - Theatre and Dance Majors

VIEW SCORES & CLAIM CREDIT: https://utdirect.utexas.edu/ctl/cbe/petition/index.WBX

Note: You should only claim the credits that we previously reviewed together during an advising session. 

AP Government Exam

Anyone who scored a 3 and above on their AP Government exam may take the "Texas Government Only" test.  After successfully completing that exam, you'll be able to claim credit for GOV 310L.

What are the minimum scores to receive course credit from AP/IB/SAT/ACT exams? 

Visit the Testing & Evaluation Services website.  

How do I send send AP/IB/SAT/ACT Scores to UT?

Visit the Testing & Evaluation Services website.

Should I petition for placement or petition for credit?

Petitioning for Credit goes on your academic transcript.  You’ll be charged $10 per credit hour, due within 14 days.  Most courses are 3 hours.  After you petition, pay for the course on your What I Owe page. 

Petitioning for Placement does NOT go on your academic transcript.  This option is for students who need to prove they have a prerequisite in order to take the next level of the course. Examples are Foreign Language and Calculus courses.

Which courses should I NOT claim?

Unless you were advised otherwise, these do not satisfy a T&D degree requirement.

  • Only some Dance Majors may claim *ARH (301, 302, 303) or *MUS 306M if lacking Visual & Performing Arts (see below).

When will my credit show up on my UT transcript?

Credits are reported to the registrar's office at 1 a.m. each Monday, unless it is a holiday, and written to your transcript each Tuesday.

  • NEW UT STUDENTS: Any credits that you petition for will not show up on your transcript until the first day of classes.

How do I verify that the course credit satisfied a degree requirement?

Please Run a Degree Audit online to see which degree requirements you may have satisfied. 

Additional Info & Frequently Asked Questions